Creating the Product Feed
Please, make sure to review the following checklist when creating and setting up a product feed in the Raptor system.
- Go to the section Settings in the Control Panel and then access the subsection Product Feeds.
- Select the Add button to begin to fill in the necessary data.
- Under Feed Type select whether this is a product feed or point of sale.
- Under Download Method select whether this is an HTTP or FTP URL: Please remember that if it is HTTP the URL should not be password protected.
- In JobBundleId , select the daily feed import at 02:00 for all customers except those located in Brazil. These should be in the daily 02:00 bundle for Brazil
- For the Feed Identifier ID select the country code, whether this is DK, SE, NO, UK, etc. If uncertain, we advise you to set it to the default of DK.
- In the mapping service, choose from among the XML, CSV or JSON options. Please, remember that if it is an XML feed, you should select the NoStreamingXML option, not the DefaultXMLMappingService.
- In most cases, Feed Encoding, DateType, Date Format, Keep Items Without Images, Save Items With the Same Product Ids, Skip Image Generation mappings and Data Storage can be left as they are. If you have any questions about a feed for which you believe one of these mappings will need to be adjusted, please contact our support center. We will help to set up the settings for the feed.
- In Currency Culture, select between “en” format with the period as a decimal place, or da-DK for which a comma denotes the decimal place.
- If there are non numerical characters that appear in the price mappings of the feed, please enter these characters into the Strip These Characters From Price mapping
- Choose the Feed Format. If it is an JSON feed, you can immediately save the information and move on to the parameter mappings. If it is a CSV file, please remember to set up the parameter separator within the section Column Separator (generally a , ; or :). This allows our importer to read the information for each parameter correctly. If it is an XML file, it is necessary to select set up the Item Selector Path (This might be /products/product or /rss/products/product).
- In the following section, we will discuss the mappings section where each parameter that is featured in the feed that you would like to have available in the methods should be entered into the mappings.
Mapping parameters for each of the three types of feeds follows the below patterns:
- For XML feeds such as the below example, please remember that each mapping should use the structure “./title”, “./url”, “./imageUrl” when entering the information for each parameter. Below is an example of what such a feed might look like:
- For CSV feeds the pattern is to number each column beginning with 0. The below example would have “ProductName” as 0, “ProductURL” as 1, “ProductId” as 2 and “OriginalPrice” as 4.
- For JSON feeds simply write the name of a given parameter in their proper mapping as it is named in the feed.