Generic API option
In addition to a wide variety of third party options that you can run an Activation through, it is also possible to simply create a Generic Endpoint API for you to use as you see fit. Doing so is, simultaneously, simpler and rather more complicated than the regular offerings...
Activation set up
To create a Generic API activation, you need to select 'Create new activation', and then click on the large Generic API bar that is the sole option under the General Activation header.
- Start by giving the Activation a name
- Optionally, write a short description about what the activation includes. This will give you and others a better understanding of the Activation.
- Select the Person Identifier that you wish to use.
- Click on 'Next' to finish this section.
Add Audience and/or Calculated Attribute
- Click ’Select audiences’ or 'Select calculated attributes'.
- Use the search bar or scroll through your existing Audiences/Attributes and select one or more.
- Click ’apply’ when the desired Audiences/Attributes are selected.
- Lastly, click ’save’ to finalize the creation of the Generic API. Note that for technical reasons, the activation will be locked for 5 minutes before it starts running.
Now contact us!
This is the part that makes this a bit more complicated than the rest. Creating the Activation simply establishes a Generic REST Endpoint in our systems. In order for you to utilize this link, you will need the relevant API key, which has to be extracted and delivered manually. As such, you will need to contact our Support-crew once the Generic API has been established, and request the API key which you can then employ in your own system however you please.
You can reach our Support Center at phone +45 31 36 72 98 or e-mail email@example.com