Raptor's Customer Data Platform (CDP) integrates with Facebook and Instagram (Instagram uses Facebook's marketing system). From the CDP, it is possible to synchronize audiences to Facebook and Instagram for advertisement use. The audiences can also be used for look-a-like targeting.
When a person enters/leaves an Audience in Raptor's CDP, the Facebook & Instagram activation is automatically updated in real-time.
How it works
1. Setup general information in Raptor
In Raptor you will find a template created to assist the integration setup. To create the Facebook Activation, go to “Customer Data Platform --> Activation --> Create New Activation --> Facebook / Instagram”.
Type in Name, Description and select the preferred person identifier. In Facebook this would be the Email, and click Next.
2. Facebook Information
Below, you will see an overview of the different information that needs to be added in order to use Facebook for communication. This includes:
- System User Token
NB: Keep this browser page open through the whole setup.
3. Create a "SystemUserToken"
To do this you will have to follow to two steps below.
1. Add an existing app to your "Business Manager account".
- Go to "Business Settings"
- Click on “Accounts”
- Click on “Apps “
- Click the blue “Add” button, and “Request access to an app id”.
- Insert Facebook-app-id: 874699252956047 (CDP Platform)
- Click “Request app” (Contact Raptor for confirmation)
2. Set up a system user
- Go to "Business Settings"
- Click on ”Users”
- Click on ”Systemusers”
- Click on the blue button “Add”
- Give system user a name (Raptor_CDP_SU) and System User Role (Employee)
- Click on ”Create system user”
- Now click ”Ad assests” and give access to “Pages” and “Ad Accounts”
- Click on “Generate new token”
- Select the app ”CDP Platform” and make sure to tick of the following: “Ads_read” and -“Ads_management”
- Now click ”Generate token” and copy the token and save this for later.
4. Find your AdAccountId:
In your business manager you now have to find your AdAccountId.
To find this go to: “Ad account settings” and in the URL after act= you can see your AdAccountId (see example below)
5. Add Token and Ad Account
Now you have both the "SystemUserToken" and the "AdAccountId" and you can copy/paste these into the setup in Raptor Controlpanel and click "Next"
In the bottom of the page, you can now attach audiences. Click "Select audiences" in order to attach audiences to your Facebook Account. After you have chosen an "Audience" click Apply and a success message will appear on the screen. (NB: Start with one audience – you can always attach more)
Now wait 5 minutes for the sync to take place and the connection between Raptor and Facebook has been established.